Monday, February 11, 2013

Liebster Award

Hi Girls! Today has been a special day: I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by two fellow nail bloggers: Ana from Missing Piece of my Puzzle  and Florina from That's Why we smile. Thank you that you have been thinking of me. You brought sunshine to this sad winter day.



The rules of this award
  1. Name and thank the person/blog who gave you this award.
  2. Write 11 things about yourself. If we became fiends through this blog, it's only natural that we should know a few things about each other.
  3. Answer the questions you were asked and come up with 11 new questions.
  4. Nominate 9 fellow bloggers who you admire and who happen to have less than 200 followers.
  5. Notice them about it on their page.

Thank you Missing Piece of my Puzzle si That's Why we Smile for your kindness of nominating me for this prize!




11 things about me:
  • I love music. I always listen to Slow Radio online.
  • I collect unusual things like rocks, sand from the beaches I've visited and ball pens.
  • A bath is not a bath without special bath salt!
  • I prefer traditional mobile phones over the new ones with touch screens.
  • I fall asleep very fast, sometimes under 10 seconds.
  • My favorite fruit is the apple.
  • I love cacti. Currently I posses 19 pieces from 17 different species.
  • My dream is to attend a Take That concert.
  • I don't like traditional circus, but Cirque du Soleil is an exception and I hope one day I'll get to see them.
  • My favorite flower is the Iris, but I also like Tulips and Gerbera.
  • 80% of my T-shirts and blouses have stripes :)
  • My favorite novel author is Agatha Christie.

11 questions from Ana:


1. Put together a top 5 of your favorite nail art blogs

There are many exceptional nail art blogs out there, so I wouldn't like to number them. I will just mention 5 which I admire and hope that some day I'll be able walk in their footsteps:

Nailed It
- The Nailasaurus
Love, varnish, chocolate and more
Polish or Perish
Josephine's World

2. The best 3 holiday destinations you have visited or wish you could visit

- My dream is to visit the sinking island of Bora Bora, which very soon will be under water. What am I doing still here? There's no time to waste!
- One of this year's goals for me is to check out Carcassonne, the medieval fortress city, which is part of the UNESCO culutral inhertiance since 1997. It's the city which inspired the creation of the Carcassonne board game.
- I hope that one day I will have the opportunity to visit the USA, my primary objective being the Big Boy steam locomotive. I think 3 such steel monsters have been preserved and can be admired.

3. Which was the most important moment of your life so far?

I think that's a question which I'll only be able to answer when I'll be 60. Life is still happening :)

4. Name a beauty product that which you cannot live without.

Obviously... the base coat!

5. Your preferred nail color.

Unusual colors, which draw people's attention. Green, yellow, blue and lots of glitters!

6. Do you do sports?

I did... basketball, in high school. Nowadays I frequently go to my favorite gym, the Orchideea Gym from my town,  Cluj-Napoca, 3 times a week. I do Pilates, Fitness Body Toning and my all time favorite: Spinning.

7. What do you hate most?

Lying and sneakiness.

8. Would you choose a shopping session over a visit to the spa or vice versa?

Shopping! Anytime, anywhere, anyhow, in any amount!

9. What determined you to start your blog?

I was inspired by an orange polish (Maybelline, Orange Couture), which I have bought from Auchan back in 2011 for 30 RON, during a launch break. I can remember that day as if it happened yesterday.

10. How much time do you spend on your blog?

During the week the sports take up most of my time, but I make up for it during the weekend. I'd say... 1.5 hours a day in average.

11. If you could be a celebrity, who would you be?

I don't really like celebrities, but the Duchess of Cambridge, Catherine could be one of them. I'd immediately buy two tickets for Bora Bora...

11 questions from Florina:

1. How do you menage to maintain your shape and weight?

Through continuous diet (no fried things, no white bread, no cookies, chocolate or sweet drinks) and through lots of sports.

2. Do you own a pet? If yes, describe it in a few words.

Unfortunately I don't have a place where I could keep a pet, but I soon hope to move into a house with a big garden and I plan to get a Bullmastiff :-D

3. Name the cosmetics brand from which you own most products.

Flormar. I have 25 of their polishes :)

4. How do you spend your free time?

Sports, blogging, reading, TV series.

5. Do you like to cook? If yes, what do you cook?

I love to cook, too bad I don't really have the time for it. I use the Dry Cooker, which works wonders. My favorite combination is: chicken breast with broccoli, mushrooms and carrots.

6. What would you like to get as a gift?

A set of China Glaze glitters :)

7. What are your favorite posts from some blogs?

My favorites are the manicure tutorials.

8. Name your favorite book and explain why you prefer it.

One of my favorite books is Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. It deals with the ethics behind the cloning of human beings for the purpose of organ harvesting.

9. What TV series do you watch?

Currently I watch Alphas and The Mentalist. In the past I've watched House MD, Game of Thrones, Lie to Me, etc.

10. Can rain ruin your day? Is there anything else that can ruin your day?

I find winter rain depressing, but summer showers don't bother me at all, as they cool me off :)

11. Do you like meeting new people?

This year I've made a goal out of being open and sociable.

My own questions (in English/Romanian):

1. I really liked Ana's question and I'd like to pass it on: Make a top 5 out of your favorite nail art blogs.
2. What is your favorite nail polish type (metallic, matte, glitter, ...)?
3. How many bottles of polish do you own?
4. How much did your most expensive nail care product cost?
5. What is your favorite kind of movie?
6. What kind of camera do you use to take photos of your manicures?
7. What color was your first polish?
8. If you had to choose 3 polishes to use for the rest of your life, which would they be (brand and shade)?
9. What do you prefer? The mountains or the seaside?
10. What are your favorite flowers?
11. How much time you need in average to complete a manicure?

  1. Mi-a placut mult intrebarea de la Ana si as dori sa o preiau. Realizeaza un top 5 al blogurilor de nail art.
  2. Care este tipul tau de lac de unghii preferat (metalic, mat, scilipici...)?
  3. Cate sticlute de oje detii?
  4. Cat a costat cel mai scump produs pentru nghii pe care il detii?
  5. Ce tip de filme preferi?
  6. Ce fel de aparat foto folosesti pentru a-ti fotografia unghiile?
  7. Ce culoare a avut prima ta oja?
  8. Daca ar trebui sa-ti alegi 3 oje pe care sa la folosesti tot restul vietii, care ar fi acelea (producator si nuanta)?
  9. Preferi muntele sau marea? 
  10. Care sunt florile tale preferate?
  11.  In cat timp realizezi o manichiura?


My nominees are:

8 comments:

  1. Wow, multumesc mult de tot ca m-ai inclus in topul tau, n-ai idee ce mult inseamna pentru mine. Mi-a facut placere sa-ti citesc raspunsurile, Sa nu ma parasesti se intampla sa fie ultima carte citita de mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting that you collect cacti! This was really fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei, multumesc pentru nominalizare :) O sa onorez invitatia cat de curand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mulțumesc pentru nominalizare! În weekend voi posta și răspunsurile mele :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mersi mult pentru nominalizare :* insa am primit cel putin patru astfel de cereri in ultimele luni si nu am participat la niciuna. Sper sa nu te superi, dar nu cred voi participa nici la nominalizarea ta (nu vreau ca celelalte fete sa se supere, iar blog-ul l-am facut initial doar pentru tutoriale)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci pentru nominalizare:D:D::D Imediat ma ocup :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ma bucur ca ti-ai facut timp sa raspunzi intrebarilor :). Imi place blogul tau. O seara frumoasa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments, so don’t be shy!
I allow links to be placed within the comments but please act with moderation and don’t spam.
I reserve myself the right to delete the comments that I consider being only for purposes of advertising your own blog.